.: Intro & Reflection
Who are you? How do you feel about where your team reporting project is at?
.: Infographics 101
Visualizing data involves three stages: planning, production, and execution.
After my intro... In your reporting groups, search for "infographic" on pinterest.com and behance.net. Find three infographics you all like and email links to them to email@example.com.
Take a break. Use Timer Tab to time it.
.: One Hour Infographic
Divide reporting groups into two teams: Planning/Execution, and Production. All Planning/Execution teams go to the left of the room, all Production teams go to the right.
.: Production Team
Your task are:
- Create a new etherpad, and share the link with each other.
- Decide which part of your data to share.
- Write a three-five word title (using Etherpad).
- Write a five-eight word subtitle (using Etherpad).
- Write one short sentence highlighting a significant finding in your data (using Etherpad).
- Find one relevant photo (using creative commons).
As you complete individual parts, give them to the Planning/Execution team.
.: Planning/Execution Team
Your tasks are:
- Create a Piktochart account.
- In Piktochart, choose two fonts to use (one for headings, one for details).
- In Piktochart, create a four panel infographic.
- First panel: title and subtitle
- Second panel: chart
- Third panel: quotable sentence
- Fourth panel: credits
- Choose two colors using Adobe Color.
- On paper, write down the colors and fonts you are using. Your team will refer to this throughout the project.
- Make the backgrounds of the panels the colors you chose, by drawing a colored box that covers the whole panel area.
- Position text and image from production team.
- Format text and image (using your chosen fonts and colors) from production team.
- Create a chart from data selected by production team.
- As you receive text, image, and data from the Production Team, fill in the infographic.
| Adobe Color|
.: Swap Teams
Swap teams and for the next 30 minutes, finish the work started by the other team.
|150||Total time (in minutes)|| |