This class teaches students some basics of visual literacy through a combination studying concepts from cognition and psychology, and making visual media using Adobe CC software.
Please communicate with me as follows:
- First: Extra Credit FAQ Discussion Board on Webcampus. Post ALL technical questions, assignment questions, syllabus questions, due date questions to the Extra Credit FAQ. This is an easy way to earn extra credit.
- Second: Book an office hours appointment with me. This can be in-person, on the phone, or by Skype. This is the best way to get critiques of design work out of hours, or ask questions about grading.
- Third: Email Katherine (khepworth at unr dot edu) ONLY if you have a question that is personal in nature: serious illness, life crisis, etc.
- NOTE: If you do email, please include "300" in the header of every email you send me.
Please DO NOT email Instructors about:
- absences from class
- anything covered in the syllabus
Grading in this class will be by XP (experience points).
At the start of the class you will have zero XP points (equivalent to 0 percent or F).
4,000 XP is the maximum attainable grade (equivalent to 100 percent or A).
You earn XP by completing tasks: the better you complete the task, the more XP points you will get.
Letter grades will only be given at the end of the semester.
Late work will only be accepted IF you have arranged this with Katherine prior to the deadline, AND she has given written approval for you to submit work late (i.e. in an email).
Each late submission with approval from Katherine will result in a 20XP deducted from the assignment grade.
Late submissions without approval from Katherine will receive 0XP for the late submission.