Journalism and strategic communications are becoming inseparable from communication design. Tomorrow's j-school graduates need design production and design thinking skills to be competitive in their chosen fields.
This class introduces freshmen to techniques, processes, and ways of thinking essential for digital and print media creation.
Download the pdf of this printable, visual schedule and keep a copy of it where you can easily refer to it.
Please communicate with Instructors as follows:
- First: Extra Credit FAQ Discussion Board on Webcampus. Post ALL technical questions, assignment questions, syllabus questions, due date questions to the Extra Credit FAQ. This is an easy way to earn extra credit.
- Second: Lab. Ask questions in your lab.
- Third: Email your lab instructor ALL grading, sick leave queries, and technical questions that you didn't get answered in the Extra Credit FAQ discussion board.
- Fourth: After the Movie. Ask questions in person after the movie.
- Fifth: Book an office hours appointment with me.
- Last resort: Email Katherine ONLY if you have a serious illness or life crisis. Include "108" in the header of every email you send me. Please note that I receive a lot of email, and will only be able to respond once every few days. Unless your message is about a significant life crisis, the other options on this list will be faster and more helpful. If you email me and I don’t respond, it is because you have sent me an email that is not acceptable.
Please DO NOT email Instructors about:
- absences from class
- anything covered in the syllabus
- Staying organized is essential to success in this course.
- You can sign up for text message reminders of deadlines here.