This class introduces students to the difference between visual communication for personal expression and designed visual communication. It also presents an interdisciplinary perspective on how designed visual communication works. Students will design visual media using a combination of open source online tools and Adobe CC software.
Please communicate with me as follows:
- First: Extra Credit FAQ Discussion Board on Webcampus. Post ALL technical questions, assignment questions, syllabus questions, due date questions to the Extra Credit FAQ. This is an easy way to earn extra credit.
- Second: Book an office hours appointment with me. This can be in-person, on the phone, or by Skype. This is the best way to ask questions about grading and to get feedback on design work outside of class.
- Third: Email Katherine (khepworth at unr dot edu).
- NOTE: If you do email, please include "300" in the header of every email you send me.
There is no need to email me about:
- absences from class
- anything covered in the syllabus